Monday, October 11, 2010

These past couple days in London have been flooded with sunshine--a welcome change from gray misty rain.  On Sunday, I went on a fantastic run in Victoria Park: I'm sure I looked a bit crazy, because I couldn't stop smiling...the sun felt so good.  Today was pretty windy, but I won't complain--the sun was still shining.  I wandered around in search of a good reading spot (currently reading Hackney, That Rose-Red Empire by Iain Sinclair for my contemporary writing class) and found myself at the Tower Hamlets Cemetary Park, right by Mile End tube station.  The cemetery opened in 1841, and became a nature reserve/park in 2001.





Graves were everywhere, popping out of the ground like crooked teeth.  Most were so old, the writing had worn away.  Although it felt slightly morbid to be reading in that environment, it was peaceful and quiet--I got lots of reading done, anyway!

On a different note, here are some of my lovely flatmates!

Erling (Norway), Michael (California), Me (Utah), Anthony (Leicester), and Lucy (Norwich)
  The above picture was taken in our kitchen, before we left to a flat party in another building.  We were supposed to dress up as "different countries," which is why Lucy looks so French!  I tried to follow the theme by wearing an Asian-looking shirt but the guys didn't even put any effort.  Missing from this picture: Jeanette from L.A., James from...somewhere in England, Catty from Sheffield, and Beth from Devon.  I'll get a good picture of everyone soon, hopefully.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment