Monday, October 4, 2010

Football

As you may be aware, "football" in England is not the same as "football" in America.  If you want to talk about American football here, you have to refer to it as "American football."  Also, don't even think about saying "soccer," because you'll just sound like an idiot.

All that aside, I went to a pub yesterday to watch the Arsenal/Chelsea football match with some of my flatmates!  James and Anthony support Arsenal, so I have become an Arsenal supporter by association.  The pub was packed--most of us had to stand during the game ("most of us" meaning "not me"...).  Apparently Arsenal has not beaten Chelsea in what may as well be forever, so hopes were not high in the hearts of the Arsenal fans.  The atmosphere was fun: people shouting (everyone), cheering (Chelsea fans), and groaning in dismay (Arsenal fans).  We lost, 2-0.

Today has been relaxing; no classes for me on Mondays.  I went on a run, did my laundry (it costs two pounds fifty to do one load...I miss Randolph College and their free laundry...) and practiced my flute!  It felt good to play--haven't done that in too long.  The first orchestra rehearsal is tomorrow, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment