Thursday, October 21, 2010

my birthday abroad

So, most of my 21st birthday was spent in Scotland and traveling back from Scotland...but my flatmates threw me a belated "surprise" birthday party.  They got me a cake and candles and all signed a card.  They tried to be secretive about it, they really did.  However, I happened to run into them at Sainsbury's the grocery store down the road...and then I went into Lucy's room and she had my card sitting there...and then I went into Anthony's room and he had the cake sitting there...but it was lots of fun and I felt loved.  We went to Draper's, the bar on campus, also.  Free drinks for the birthday girl!


Jersey made me wear a Birthday Girl cupcake pin all night :)



Today I had my Contemporary Writing class, which is held in a cinema down the road for some reason.  We'd read Eating Air by Pauline Melville for this week's lecture--and the author herself came to our lecture today!  I got my copy of the book signed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment