Thursday, September 30, 2010

I find it funny that my first actual rock climbing experience occurred in London, considering that I'm from Utah...what's next, first-time skiing in Switzerland??  There is a hidden gem of a rock-climbing gym that is a five minute walk from my flat.  My friend has joined rock-climbing club, and invited me along yesterday.  I've decided that rock-climbing can actually be very meditative!  Also: going up is always easier than coming down, especially since we aren't certified to use the...ropes (obviously, my rock-climbing lingo is non-existent, sorry for all you hardcore climbers out there). 

After climbing, I made a quick trip to Barclay's, the bank.  My money is in a state of limbo at the moment--it's being transferred from my U.S. account to my London account.  I hope it turns up somewhere soon!

After a quick dinner (I've been living off of pasta, tuna, and PB&J), I went to a free salsa dancing class at the gym.  The instructor was a sweet, sassy lady who constantly made me laugh.  Also, apparently one needs a pair of high heels to Latin dance...but I think I'll stick to Converse for the time being.

My school has a local farmer's market on campus every Thursday--very convenient for fresh fruit!  That's where I'm headed right now!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment